Friday, February 24, 2012

Peek A Boo at Jan's Project




Hi! This is Jan. Well, I've started working on my selvage project. I've never sewn with selvages before. I usually just cut them off and discard them. When I first got back into sewing a couple of years ago, I would throw them away. I had no idea people would actually make something out of selvages.

Like Joy, I'm not really sure what the right way is to sew with selvages. So, I just started sewing them together with no backing. And they seem really strong.

If I had known that I was going to sew with selvages, I would have cut them a little wider. I usually try to cut off only the selvage, which leaves them very thin when you're trying to sew with them. In the future, I'll have to remember to cut the selvages at least half an inch wider than I usually do. I need to cut of at least half an inch of the fabric with the selvage.

I'm not saying what I'm making, but here's a peek at what I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment