Saturday, March 3, 2012

Jan's Update on Selvage Project



Hi! It's a sometime sunny, sometime overcast Saturday here in Ohio. I've been sewing up a storm this week.

My husband has a coworker who is battling breast cancer. His employer is having a benefit to raise funds for her today. I decided to donate a few of my sewn items to the silent auction. So I made a couple of cool new cotton totes, and threw in a couple of wristlets.

I loved the totes so much that I decided to make a third one and add to our etsy shop. The listing just went up today. I plan to make another one for myself. I'm just having a hard time picking out fabrics for mine. It's always toughest to pick out fabrics when you're keeping the item. At least, that's how I feel.

Anyway, back to the selvage project. I haven't done as much work on my selvage project this week, because I was busy making the totes. Now, I'll go back to working on this project. It is shaping up to be something pretty spectacular. We'll see if Joy can beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment