Friday, March 16, 2012

Jan's Selvage Project

I see that Joy has finished her selvage project.  The potholders look really nice.  By the way, Joy, I have some of the heat resistant fabric that goes in the middle of the potholder.  It really works.  But....I didn't make potholders.

A couple of years ago, I gave Joy a jewelry roll for Christmas.  When she travels, she likes to wear jewelry and doesn't want it getting all knotted up during the trip.  And who wants to wear 5 necklaces all at the same time as you're going through airport security. So......I decided to make myself a jewelry roll, too.  Joy had taken pictures of hers with the measurements, so I made mine out of the same pattern.  There's nothing like making up your own pattern as you go.  I hate it when I have to do that.

Anyhow, here are the pictures of my masterpiece.  I kind of like it.  I used some of my favorite fabric for the inside.  You roll it up like a burrito and then tie it.




Now....let the voting begin.  Not that it's a competition, but if you have a favorite let us know.

Stay tuned for next month's contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment